Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Bite This Book Excerpt - The Book You Read to Your Dogs

“The idea of writing a book for dogs came to me one night when I was reading to my pups and thinking, wouldn't it be better to read something that is written specifically for them,” explains Bite This Book Author Lony Ruhmann. “Part of my goal in writing this book was to make a statement about how special dogs are. Dogs are Angels on Earth.”

Mommy and Daddy (by Maggie)

Mommy and Daddy came
With a big dog and took me
To my new home.

I was scared the whole day,
And could not eat,
And could not potty.
But Mommy kept holding me.

In the night,
I slept close to her face.
It made me feel warm.

The next day I ate my food
And did my potty.
I hope they will love me.
I think they will love me.

From Bite This Book by Lony Ruhmann: www.bitethisbook.com


3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of reading to our dogs! It's so heartwarming to see my dogs react to my voice, my energy level, my mood...so the thought of providing meaningful words to soothe, comfort and bond with your dog is something that both dogs and humans will benefit from. The scientific community has finally released a study proving what most pet owners already know in their hearts - that dogs feel love, attachment and human emotions relating to bonding with their family. So what could be better than reading to your dogs! It also reminds me of the special therapy dogs that help children learn to read, simply by sitting patiently and listening to the kids. The bond between humans and dogs is a multi-faceted and beautiful part of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five-year-old Michael loved this book and did a book review of it. He LOVED the idea of a book you read to your dog and thought the "voices" sounded like dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woof! Mr MaGoo here and I just had to paw up a note or two about "Bite This Book". Finally, a book just for us dogs! Mom said she had something to share and that we would love it. Woof! Who knew this time she was right; it isn't often that she is, that is why I am here, to make her look good. Arf! Where was I? Oh yeah, how much us dogs love this book; the chapter about "pee" was spot on! Mom's eyes were leaking because she was laughing so hard. This is a must have for us dogs! I give it double high paws up, that equals 5+stars. Woof! Mr MaGoo

    ReplyDelete